“No gift among all the gifts of a father to his child is better than education.” - The Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.
The Greater Lansing Islamic School was established in 1996 to
serve the children of Muslim families that reside in the Greater
Lansing area. The Muslims of the Greater Lansing community hail from
diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds and are firm believers in the
value of an Islamic education and value the benefits of an Islamic
Apart from the regular curriculum, equal emphasis is placed on Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Qura'an studies.
The school does not discriminate on the basis
of race, sex, color, national origin or economic status. However, the
school reserves the right to dismiss any student who has very poor
attendance, serious behavioral problems, or destroys school property.
by December 31 of the Academic Year
| Early Pre-K||2 1/2 years|
Candidates for admission to the Greater Lansing Islamic School are selected according to the following:
- Previous school conduct and academic performance
- Results of the readiness test
- Availability of space
- Sincere commitment to educational and moral excellence from the family
- Commitment to meet the financial obligation to the school.
All students requesting admission must supply the following:
- Updated immunization records
- Official school record for each year of attendance at another school
- A copy of a birth certificate or passport documentation verifying age
- Physical examination form signed by the family doctor or physician